Providing support to you staff and your clients
Supporting your staff
More and more organisations are realising that the well-being of their staff goes beyond simple physical health. Stress is now recognised as a serious issue both for staff and the organisations that they work with and can lead to poor performance and be a significant cost to a firm. Indeed there are many examples, across all sectors, where key staff have collapsed completely leading to serious consequences for both the individual concerned and the organisation that they work with.
Responsible companies invest a lot of time and effort in their staff to develop them as far as possible and to ensure that they can fulfil their role in the organisation to their highest potential. Loosing such people due to stress or other related issues can be costly at many levels. So having the ability to provide additional support can be a sound investment capable of paying dividends in the long term.
As an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist I can help to mitigate these risks in a number of ways:
- Provision of seminars and training on well-being and managing stress
- Regular drop in clinics for staff needing to talk about issues and concerns
- Focused one to one counselling for those facing more significant problems (this has even extended to working with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) after traumatic events, work related or at home.
By providing access to counselling and psychotherapy potential problems can be addressed before they impact on the organisation and lead to significant costs and long term damage.
Supporting your clients
For some firms the ability to provide additional support to clients either directly, or indirectly through recommendation or referral, is seen as an additional benefit that they can offer their customers. It can be another way to gain competitive advantage over the opposition.
I have worked with a number of firms in this way including:
- Family lawyers, where I have provided relationship counselling for their clients, and
- Insurance companies, where I have provided both assessment reports for claims, as well as longer term treatments